Our Journey

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter Sunday

Yesterday was a rough day for me. It was Easter Sunday. Easter to me is about family. Being with family, kids running around in the yard hiding and hunting eggs, a big meal. This is how I grew up. But this is not how I spent my Easter day yesterday. 

Yes, we had a very uplifting and worshipful Resurrection service. There was even a rededication from one gentleman. The service started off with praise to God, but then when we had announcements and the pastor mentioned an elite family in the community having just adopting a child from China, my demeanor fell. This family are not members of our church and it really, really hurt my soul to hear this (I had just found out about their adoption 3 days earlier on top of that).

Infertility is a hard road to walk. It is not for the weak. But every time I hear of news like this, I think it breaks me down a little more. I don't know how much more I can bear. People just seeming adopting out of thin air, when we have struggled and fought for over 5 years. 

No comments: