Our Journey

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

All old memories are not necessarily pleasant

So this week I've been catching up with some high school friends of mine, talking about families, jobs, etc., and Old Times.  The last time I was hanging out with both of these girls is a time period that I have honestly tried to forget about. We have all been in situations that we wish we could take back or cover up, yeah, this is one of mine. Don't get me wrong, it has nothing to do with these gals! It has to do with the relationship I was in at the time and how our friendships intertwined with our relationships. Oh how I thought I was "in love"! Bahahahaha. I was "in" something alright! Anyway, it ended badly and I was totally and utterly crushed... for about 3 to 6 months. It's hard for me to look over the bad times, and find the good ones because all those memories are intermingled.


One of my struggles as of late is the fact that I feel like I need to interact with more people my age, aka, I feel like I'm not getting all the nutrition I need from my spiritual diet. I love love love my church family, but I am the only one over 18 and under 40 in attendance on a regular basis. I miss my class in my pre-marriage church where there were 4 or 5 people my age and we had discussions about our lessons! I miss talking with people my age about stuff people my age are going through, like kids and jobs!
The bad thing is I've been having these feelings for about 2 years. I really want to visit somewhere that meets at a different time than our church, so I can still attend and be able to fulfill my role as music leader.
But I also have a huge fear of going to places where I don't know anyone or know my way around. I can go to Talladega Superspeedway all by myself on race day and it not bother me, because I know my way around, but someplace I've never been, and I clam up big time!

Any suggestions?

No comments: